Ocean County and the cooperating agencies of NJTPA and NJDOT are committed to developing transportation improvements that best balance transportation needs, the environment, community concerns and cost. As part of the Community Outreach effort, numerous meetings will be held to share project information and obtain input.
Anticipated Meeting Schedule
|Public Outreach Center||Date: July 15 – 29, 2022
Location: Virtual – Click here to watch the presentation and provide feedback.
Ways to Get Involved
- Check this website regularly for updated information.
- Following us on Twitter for real-time announcements and news
- Complete the Community Input Survey or the Public Comment Form.
- Attend Public Information Center meetings.
Community Outreach Meetings
Public meetings are good way to make your voice heard and insure a successful project further down the road. If you are unable to attend a meeting, you can keep tabs on new project developments by visiting this website and reviewing the meeting minutes and PowerPoint presentation.
Questions, Comments or Suggestions
We encourages community members to voice their concerns and contribute suggestions to the Project Team. For questions or comments, please fill in the public comment form or contact the project team directly.
Community involvement is a vital part of the project. We encourage you to follow and provide input on improvements to the bridge as an important transportation link for the local communities and the region.
The County of Morris in cooperation with NJTPA and NJDOT recognize that community participation is an integral part of all stages of projects. A Public Action Plan (PAP) was developed for the project as a framework to accomplish open, proactive and productive community and stakeholder discussions. Local officials, community stakeholders, agency representatives, and the general public will have an opportunity to provide comments and questions for consideration throughout the project development process. Our community outreach strategies include the following:
- Host outreach meetings including local officials briefings, community stakeholder meetings, and public information centers
- Communicate meeting announcement alerts and project information through social media and mailings
- Provide regular updates to the project website, including study progress reports and other outreach materials
- Work with elected officials, local governments, first-responders, and the media
- Address inquiries from interested parties